The Gods of Wimbledon were smiling at me ...

Y'all will not believe what happened to me. At 2 p.m. I left work determined to get to Wimbledon and brace the queues. Hoping that everyone was too involved in the World Cup and England's eminent departure I put on my glasses and tripped to the stadium. I got to the station and made my way to the shuttle buses. And this is where the magic really began. Standing in the line, a guy asked me if I already had a ticket. When I denied with a very sad face, he offered me a spare one he had. I couldn't believe my luck. Here I was prepared to get a ground ticket and sit on the grass and drift from one unwanted place to the next and I get offered Centre Court ticket. Icing on the cake: Roddick was struggling a bit and Venus hadn't even started yet!
After having my weekly team meeting sitting on a bench inside Wimbledon Park, I made my way to the best seat I have had yet.

The Gods that are were really smiling at me. Not only did I get to see some nice matches (I passed on Federer and chose Djokovic instead) I got to experience history in the making. A match that lasted two days, in the 5th set ... They stopped play when they were 59-59 in the 5th. To be honest, I thought they could still play some more. If I can see the ball, they should be able to see the ball but no one asked my opinion.

Next week, more of Wimbledon and tomorrow - The Arrival of the Couch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When life flips upside down, you make pancakes

One of my own stories Fireworks and Gossip

Slippery Hills and Children's Lauhaughteeee