Another Revolution of the Rolling Stone

I always said I wouldn't be doing a blog. "People don't need to know what I do. If I want them to know I will tell them". Never knew those words would come back to hunt me. As the author, do I get deniability?
Anyway, so here I am writing about the things that I will be doing or have done on my way to a new adventure.
Last week I accepted a position in the Statistics Bureau on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. It means a new start but also an ending to my European travels. But gosh, one part of me is happy! No more coats, no more boots (unless they are fashionable and have a fan built in), no more socks, no more gloves ... you get the point. I'm done with being cold.

Papa is a rolling stone ... wherever he lays his head is his home ... that should be my life mantra. It seems like I am always rolling to another place. Psychologists would have a field day with that statement. I know none of you is a psychologist, so I don't want to hear anything.

Ten weeks from now I will be on my way. Ten weeks is a long time but I am planning on filling it up with the weirdest things. They have to be weird and crazy. Otherwise, I started this blog for nothing.

I'll try not to bore you with the boring bits such as looking for a moving company, talking to pension people etc. But I will tell you about finding my perfect couch and the magic that happened in Ikea. To be continued ...

My first things-I-wouldn't-normally do: Queueing for Wimbledon tickets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When life flips upside down, you make pancakes

One of my own stories Fireworks and Gossip

Slippery Hills and Children's Lauhaughteeee