Talk to the Hand

The listener is gone. He has been deleted. Shift+delete. It took me a few days to execute but I had ulterior motives.  From the moment I found out that he had three baby mamas, his seconds were counting down. I should have cut it from then but since I am now a bit looser in my behavior I thought I won't cut him until I have a replacement. So I kept him. I avoided him as much as possible but he was there to boost my confidence when I needed ... until this faithful tuesday evening
One day, a tuesday afternoon, I just made plans to go karaoke at a friend's place. She had bought a karaoke machine and of course I had to go test it out and sing every single song on the list. We went there and sang for hours. Dinner went and passed I wasn't letting go of the mike. That mike was glued to my hands and I was cranking out songs like a well-oiled machine until GEBE decided to interfere by cutting us off right in the middle of Killing me softly. Always known for their party pooper attitude they really threw a damper on the party atmosphere. But if you thought that I would be deterred by darkness and candlelight you obviously don't know me at all. Sitting outside going through my own songlist I as belting out: And I am tellingggg you, I'm not going .... and you, and you, and you ... you're gonna love meeeeeeee. Floop! Back comes the light. Thank you Jennifer Holiday! I owe you one. So I go to check my phone before I get back to singing and I have a message: please come see me.
Wellll, really? But then I remember the conversation about making time for each other and other psychological babble and I decide to go. It must be really important right? I get there completely exhausted, singing can do that to you, and here comes this dude asking me if he can borrow $1200.
Now dare tell me if I am wrong for cutting him off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When life flips upside down, you make pancakes

One of my own stories Fireworks and Gossip

Slippery Hills and Children's Lauhaughteeee