What a (Pink) Trip

I woke up this morning bright and early. I am on holidays but I am going into the office. Joking aside, I was pretty stoked about it. I jumped out of bed, relieved myself (don't cringe you know it needs to be done and we all do it) and took a shower. I stopped myself short from singing in the shower but you get the picture.
Finished showering I opened the shower curtain and found a surprise. There's a little girl sitting on the toilet ... well hello there! Good morning, are you doing a small one or a big one. A big one I hear. Great! Oh well, upwards and onwards.
Standing in front of my wonderfully overflowing closet I bathe in the glory of having options. After months of not having options I am loving every second of this luxury. I choose a new tube top with flowing bottom pink and orange and white and a white skirt. Boy, this is what I call being on a holiday in the Caribbean. I got my hair sorted and I was ready to rock and roll. Now the shoes. I can't just wear any shoes, they have to be rocking. Eureka moment! My new pink shoes!

The ones that are still in their box. I bring them out and after a lot of ooohhs and aaahhhss my ever wonderful little sister says: Maybe you should take a spare pair of slippers just in case. Of course I was thinking it because to be honest I knew there was no way I could walk on those the whole day.
So I put the shoes on and I am suddenly tall. Being tall is a good thing; the world looks different. You feel lighter and happier. With my bag, and my extra pair of slippers I walk out the door ... everyone else behind me. At the time I thought this was for support but now I know better. Anyway, I navigated the step outside my apartment with ease. I can do this! Just as I was thinking that ... I found myself on all fours.
I can tell you exactly what happened and how. I was walking and I forgot about the uneven ground. I got caught behind one of the stones, I tripped, box of shoes went flying and I ended up on the ground on my hands and knees. Did I see my life flash before my eyes? No. Did it happen in slow motion? No, it went damn fast. Did it hurt? Hell, yes!


Needless to say I am at work wearing my slippers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When life flips upside down, you make pancakes

One of my own stories Fireworks and Gossip

Slippery Hills and Children's Lauhaughteeee